EMMA RADUCANU is back in action at the Australian Open as she targets another stunning Grand Slam run – and now knows her opponent.
The Brit teenager, 19, shot to global stardom after winning the US Open last year at Flushing Meadows.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
Voted as BBC Sports Personality of the Year and on the comeback from a Covid-19 infection, Raducanu is making her first ever appearance at the Australian Open.
Who is Emma Raducanu playing next?
Since her famous victory in America just four short months ago, Raducanu has gone from a virtual unknown to a household name.
Her form has been up and down since that victory, with the Brit losing four of her six matches since beating fellow teenager Leylah Fernandez in September’s final.
She looked out of sorts in her comeback against Elena Rybakina on January 11, losing in straight-sets and winning just one game.
The draw for the Australian Open has been made and Raducanu will face America’s Sloane Stephens in the first round.
The 2017 US Open champion reached the semi-finals of this tournament in 2013 and will pose a tough test for the Brit No1.
Their match will take place on Tuesday, January 18 and is due to start around 10am GMT.
Which TV channel and live stream can I watch it on?
- The Australian Open will be broadcast on Eurosport 1 and 2 throughout the tournament in the UK.
- Things get underway in the early hours on Monday, January 17.
- You can find Eurosport 1 on Sky 410, BT 435 and Virgin 521.
- To stream, you can watch on either the Eurosport Player or on Discovery+.
- You can subscribe to the streaming only service for £6.99/month.