THE Laver Cup has become a staple part of the tennis calendar – but this year’s edition has a poignant twist.
Twelve male tennis pros join two teams and compete and take home the silverware.
The Laver Cup will start this Friday at London’s O2 Arena
The London event will be tennis sensation Roger Federer’s last tournament
Tennis Legends Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe will captain Team Europe and Team World, going head-to-head in a series of single and double matches.
After his announcement of retirement, the Laver Cup is also set to be 20 grand slam winner Roger Federer’s last tournament, with some fans paying up to £15,000 to see the player’s final matches.
Will Team World be able to beat reigning champions Team Europe, and finally win their first Laver Cup tournament?
When is the Laver Cup 2022?
- The Laver Cup will be held in London from September 23rd-25th.
- The first of 12 matches is scheduled to start at 13:00pm on Friday.
- The tournament is being held at The O2 Arena, which seats 20,000 people.
What TV channel is it on and can I live stream it?
- Eurosport will be broadcasting the Laver Cup LIVE for UK watchers.
- Viewers in the UK will also be able to watch the matches from their mobile phones or computers, with the ATP World Tour App.
Who is playing in the Laver Cup?
- Grand slam names such as Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray join Team Europe, alongside other high-ranking players.
- Team Europe is led by Bjorn Borg, with Thomas Enqvist as Vice Captain.
- Team World is joined by upcoming star Felix Auger-Aliassime, with Taylor Fritz and Diego Schwartzman also in the team along others.
- John McEnroe captains Team World, whilst Patrick McEnroe is designated Vice Captain.
How can I get tickets and how much do they cost?
Tickets for Open Practice Day (September 22nd) are on sale now, with starting prices of £22.50. Multi-session tickets and single-session tickets are currently sold out, with prices that ranged from £185 to £2,420.