ANTHONY JOSHUA is confident John Fury will not let his son walk away from boxing without the pair finally fighting.
The heavyweight rivals have tried but failed to agree terms in the past for a Battle of Britain, most recently for December 3 in Wales.
Anthony Joshua is still holding out hope of a fight with Tyson Fury
Tyson Fury pictured with his dad John
But AJ is hoping Fury’s no-nonsense father John will be the man to help finally get the fight over the line before they both retire.
Joshua told iFL TV: “If you listen to what he says, it’s up and down. But I’m sure he’ll fight me.
“I don’t think his dad will let him not fight me. His dad’s a proper guy. I like his dad.”
Joshua, 33, is coming off consecutive points losses to Oleksandr Usyk, 35, which set the Ukrainian up for a unification bout.
But Usyk had ruled himself out until next year, which led to Fury, 34, calling out AJ to fight next month in Cardiff.
Eventually, negotiations collapsed and the WBC champion will instead return in a trilogy bout against Derek Chisora, 38, who he has twice beaten.
Whereas Joshua is primed to return in early 2023 and has Fury and Deontay Wilder, 37, in his plans for next year.
He said: “(Fury) or Wilder. Both. Both of them will be a hard night’s work. Yeah, 2023 is him (Fury) or Wilder. Or both.”
Joshua was ringside to watch Dillian Whyte, 34, edge past Jermaine Franklin, 29, in a razor thin majority decision victory.
It has set up a rematch for the pair in the near future – possibly next – but AJ was left unimpressed.
He said: “If I was a trainer I would expect my fighter to knock someone like Jermaine Franklin out.
“With all due respect, with the experience and power Dillian has. Let’s be honest, Jermaine Franklin was not there to give Dillian any problems.
“That was his time to go out and put on a spectacular performance: ‘bang, bang, I’m back on the scene, I ain’t messing about, my passion, power and skills are still there’.
“That was the type of fight Dillian wanted but it was difficult, Jermaine Franklin made it tough, credit to him. Dillian will go again next year.”
Anthony Joshua embraces with Dillian Whyte
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the maximum number of punches a person can take?
A punch is defined as “a blow delivered from a fist”. Only one punch can be sustained by a human. If someone punches your face in the face, it’s a punch. You cannot hit him/her back. That would mean two punches.So, technically speaking, humans can only take one punch at a time!
How can a beginner start boxing at home?
Boxing is one our oldest sports. Boxing was developed in ancient times to train warriors for fighting against foes. Boxing is still widely practised today. Boxing is not something you need to do in a gym. You only need a pair of gloves and some punching bags.
You can also find local amateur boxing clubs where you can join and get trained by professional coaches. You’ll be ready for tournaments once you have mastered basic combinations and punches.
How can I improve my punching technique?
Boxing is all in the form of punching. A good punch technique is essential if you are to become a better fighter. These are some tips that will help you improve your punching technique.
- Keep your head up. Keep your head up when you’re throwing punches.
- Punch from your shoulder. Use your shoulder to strike the target when you punch.
- Your feet are your focus. Try not to move your feet when you’re punching.
- Make quick, short punches. Longer punches can tire you faster.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always be ready to stop any incoming punches.
- Use your elbows. You can defend yourself by using your elbows.
- Learn how to use your legs. Learn to properly use your legs.
- Practice every day. You will feel tired when you finish training. Keep going. It takes practice to become proficient at anything.
- Have fun! Enjoy what you are doing.
- Remember to breathe. Proper breathing will improve your strength and energy.
- Relax. Don’t worry too much about making mistakes. Don’t worry about making mistakes. Instead, focus on learning new skills.
- Be patient. Boxing can be difficult. You will need to practice your boxing skills over time.
- Never stop improving. There will always be improvement.
- Listen to music. Music can be a great way to relax and concentrate while training.
- You can watch videos of professional boxers. It can inspire you to do better.
- Read books. Reading can help you understand boxing techniques better.
- You need to take breaks. Sometimes it’s helpful to take a break when you are boxing. Play soccer or basketball outdoors.
- Find a coach. Boxing is a sport that requires a coach with a lot of experience. This will help you to improve quicker.
- Do push-ups. Push-ups are great for endurance and strength building.
How to throw a jab
You can throw a jab by following this easy step-by–step guide.
- Step forward with both feet.
- Move your arm to the top of your shoulder.
- Your target is at your feet.
- After hitting your target arm, lift your arm up.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4.
Is it possible to train boxing with out fighting?
Boxing is not possible without fighting. It takes hard work to improve your boxing technique. However, if you are willing to put in the effort, you’ll be able improve your boxing technique as well as speed, endurance, strength, stamina, and speed.
A good fight will help you improve your boxing technique. It is important to observe their movements, their defenses, and how well they use punches. Try to imitate their movements.
The next step is to spar with another boxer. You’ll be able to see how you’ve improved your fighting technique. It’s important to observe how fast you can punch, the strength of your punches and how well you block any incoming punches while sparring.
Finally, practice your boxing skills with drills. Practice makes perfect, so be patient and persistent.
How long does it take to learn boxing?
Boxing can be learned in 3 months. This includes learning how to do footwork, stand, and balance. Remember that boxing is more than just throwing punches. It’s important to be able to block and dodge punches.
What are the best ways to learn boxing defense from home?
Boxing is one the oldest martial arts known. Boxing is also considered to be one of the hardest sports to play. You don’t just punch someone in the face and knock him out. You must be able defend yourself from kicks and punches.
Find a local boxing gym. Once you have found a suitable place to train you’ll need some gloves or headgear. Gloves protect your hands while the headgear protects your head. Also, you will need to wear shorts with a T-shirt.
Once you have everything you need, you will need to warm up. Start slow and build up speed. When you feel ready, hit the bag and spar with another boxer. Don’t worry if you miss. Try again until you get it right.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
How do you set up a Boxing Gym within your House?
People who are looking to start their own business often ask how to set up a boxing club. Many people wonder how much money to spend on equipment, what space is necessary, how many staff they require, etc. There are many factors that affect the cost of starting your own business. These include where you are located, how many employees you have, the marketing budget and competition. However, most people neglect the importance of quality equipment. You cannot start if there isn’t the equipment. Here are some tips for setting up a boxing school in your home.
- A place to train is essential. A garage, basement, spare room or even the living room would work just fine. Only thing is that the equipment must have enough space.
- You need a punching bag (or two). This is essential because it will make it easier to practice punches. You can use anything, from a plastic bag to a heavy-duty leather bag. It should be large enough to comfortably fit you. It should be strong and durable to ensure that you can use it for many years.
- A mat is necessary. Matting is used to protect floors or walls while practicing kicks. It is made mostly of foam rubber. You can buy them online and offline.
- A bench is a must. A bench is used for support while performing pushups. They can be ordered online or in local stores. However, make sure that you choose the right size for you.
- A speedbag is required. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. You can purchase them online or in-store. Buy quality products that will last a long time.
- You will need a headgear. You need a headgear to protect your head while sparring. It can be bought online or in-store. Make certain that you choose something that fits well and protects your face.
- Gloves are essential. Gloves can be used to protect your hands while sparring. These gloves can be bought online or in stores. You can choose the pair that best suits you and your style.
- You need a mouthpiece. You can use mouthpieces to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online and offline. You should choose the pair that best suits you and your needs.
- You will need a ring. Rings can be used for simulating real fights. You can purchase them either online or offline. So that you don’t get injured during sparring, ensure it has padding both sides.
- Towels are essential. To wipe your sweat off after every workout, use a towel. These towels can be bought at your local sporting goods store, or online. They should be soft and absorbent.