DAVID HAYE wants Anthony Joshua to fight Deontay Wilder – with the winner challenging for WBC heavyweight title.
AJ is set to return in early 2023 following consecutive losses to WBA, IBF and WBO champion Oleksandr Usyk, who is in line to face Tyson Fury.
Anthony Joshua is in line for a return in early 2023
Deontay Wilder would rather fight Anthony Joshua next than Andy Ruiz Jr
Meanwhile Wilder, 37, has been ordered by the WBC into a final eliminator bout against Andy Ruiz Jr, 33.
It promises the winner a shot at the belt held by Fury, 34 and set to be defended in a unification with Usyk, 35.
But Wilder’s team have already told SunSport they favour a fight with Joshua, 33, over Ruiz and Haye, 42, is all for it.
He told Seconds Out: “I’d like to see Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder. I think that’s a beautiful fight there.
“Maybe the winner of that then fights for the WBC, or fights Usyk depending on how the fight goes if it does happen next year.”
Fury has paved the way to fight Usyk for all four heavyweight belts after beating Derek Chisora, 38, in ten rounds of their trilogy bout.
The Ukrainian was ringside on a scouting mission with the unification in talks to be finalised within the coming weeks.
And former two-weight champion Haye admitted it marks a step in the right direction for boxing.
He said: “I’m just a bit tired of these champions fighting other people that [don’t] really matter.
“It’s all opinions. Who cares what I think? I just want the best to fight the best, like they always have done.
“So hopefully, [Fury getting past Chisora] is the first step for getting theses unification fights happening.
Because it’s just frustrating. It really is frustrating. I’m a fight fan, I’m a former fighter – I love when the best fight the best.
“I buzz off it. This is why I’m in boxing, but you’ve got to wait a little bit now.”
David Haye wants Anthony Joshua to fight Deontay Wilder
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I practice boxing without a partner?
You can practice boxing by watching professional matches on TV, even if your partner is not available. Or you can find an amateur boxing club near you. Amateur boxesing clubs usually hold regular training sessions. These sessions often involve sparring partners who hit the pads together.
You can also practice boxing using punching bags. Before you use the bag, be sure to protect yourself with gloves or boxing gloves.
How to throw a jab
To throw a jab, simply follow this simple step-by-step guide:
- Take your step forward with both of your feet.
- Arrest your arm high above your shoulder.
- Move your fist towards your target.
- After hitting your target, raise your arm upwards.
- Repetition steps 1 through 4.
How can beginners boxers train?
Although boxing is one of oldest sports, its popularity has increased only recently. Two fighters are matched up in boxing. They punch each other until one fighter falls down.
It is important to decide if you like boxing before you can start training to become a fighter. You can also watch fights online to see how it feels like hitting someone. After you have decided if you are interested in boxing, you can choose the style of fighting that you like.
What is the difference between left hook and right cross?
A left hook is thrown to the side of your body, while a right-cross is thrown to the front.
A left hook can be thrown with the opponent’s back facing you. The elbow is bent 90° and the wrist is turned 45° toward the opponent.
A right cross is thrown with the palm facing the opponent’s face and the elbow straight. The opponent’s wrist is rotated 45 degrees to the side.
How long does learning boxing take?
Boxing can be learned in 3 months. It takes 3 months to learn the basics of boxing, including footwork, stance and balance. Boxing isn’t just about throwing punches. You need to learn how you can block and dodge attacks.
How to defend yourself:
You must protect your head whenever you are attacked. It is your goal to not get punched. You need to be able to block an incoming punch in order to avoid getting punched. Here are the steps:
- Elevate your shoulders high and straighten your shoulders.
- Keep your elbows close to your sides.
- Block the incoming punch with your forearm.
- Counterattack immediately.
- Continue blocking until the attacker runs away.
- Don’t let your defense slip.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com – Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing shoes : Clothing Shoes & Jewelry
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Elastic Handwraps 180in Red : Sports & Outdoors
How to setup a Boxing Gym at my House
A common question that people ask is how to set up a gym for boxing. Many people ask how much money they should spend on equipment, what kind of space is needed, how many employees do you think you need etc. There are many things that will affect the cost to start your own business. Some of them include location, type of business, number of employees, marketing budget, competition etc. However, most people neglect the importance of quality equipment. Without the proper equipment, you can’t get started. These are some great tips for starting a home boxing club.
- A place to train is essential. A garage, basement, spare room or even the living room would work just fine. It is only necessary that enough space exists to allow for equipment installation.
- A punching bag is essential. This is essential because it will make it easier to practice punches. This can be anything from a small plastic bag to heavy leather bags. It should be large enough to comfortably fit you. Also make sure that it is sturdy and durable so that you can use it for years to come.
- You will need a mat. Matting protects floors and walls from kicks. It is often made of foam rubber. They can be purchased online as well as in offline shops.
- You need a bench. The bench can be used to support the body during pushups. You can buy them online or in-store. Be sure to select the right size.
- A speedbag is essential. Speedbags help you develop quick hand movements. These bags can be bought online or offline. Make sure that you buy a quality product which will last long.
- A headgear will be necessary. It protects your head when sparring. You can purchase it online or in stores. Be sure to find the perfect fit and protect your face.
- Gloves are essential. Gloves are needed to protect your hands during sparring sessions. These gloves can be bought online or in stores. Find the right pair for you.
- A mouthpiece is essential. Mouthpieces can be used to protect your smile during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online and offline. You should choose the pair that best suits you and your needs.
- A ring is essential. Rings are used in real fight simulations. You can purchase them either online or offline. So that you don’t get injured during sparring, ensure it has padding both sides.
- You need a towel. You need a towel to remove sweat after a workout. They can either be purchased at your local sporting good store or online. Make sure that they’re soft and absorbent.