CONOR McGREGOR has backed old UFC rival Nate Diaz in his boxing match against “DONKEY” Jake Paul.
Diaz crosses over to the ring for the first time on August 5 in Texas against YouTuber-turned prizefighter Paul.
Jake Paul facing off with Nate Diaz
It came after he walked out on the UFC, where he had two classic bouts with McGregor.
And it seems there is no hard feelings for the Irishman, who is tipping Diaz to beat Paul.
He told Matchroom Boxing’s YouTube channel: “I fancy him for it.
“He’s a donkey that guy, the other cat, but a donkey has kick, so you’ve got to be weary of that.
“But, Nate will be peppering him, he’ll hit his face in and it will be Nate.”
Paul, 26, suffered his first ever defeat in February, losing a split-decision to celebrity boxing rival Tommy Fury, 24, in Saudi Arabia.
But he snubbed a rematch to instead focus on Diaz, 38, who was a free agent after his UFC contract expired.
It leaves a trilogy decider with McGregor, 34, up in the air but the former two-weight champion still has admiration Diaz and brother Nick, 39.
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST ONLINE CASINOS FOR 2023
He said: “Yeah, yeah, [the relationship] is competitive, but it’s always been respect.
“It’s always been respect, how could you not respect the Diaz brothers and their resume in the fight game.
“Real fighters, what’s his promotion? Real fighters inc, fair play to him. You know, he’s a great fighter.
“I spent, how many minutes did I spend in the octagon with him? 40 minutes, over half an hour.
“Around 40 minutes inside the cage with the lad, it’s always going to be respect off of that.
“And he gave the rematch instantly. That’s commendable, that’s real warrior stuff. So, for sure, I’m happy to see that respect, you know.”
Nate Diaz after his rematch loss to Conor McGregor
Frequently Asked Questions
How much weight should I lift to be a successful shopper?
Lifting weights is important if you wish to build your strength. You should be aware of these guidelines when lifting weights. Do not push yourself too hard. Try to lift heavier weights every day. Third, complete each exercise 8 times. Fourth, between sets, take 2 minutes to rest. Fifth, do all exercises without momentum. And finally, focus on form rather than speed.
How can I improve my punching technique?
Punching form is one of the most important parts of boxing. To be a good boxer, you need to master the art of punching. These are some tips that will help you improve your punching technique.
- Keep your head elevated. You should keep your head high when throwing punches.
- Punch from the shoulder. Use your shoulder to strike the target when you punch.
- Pay attention to your feet. Try not to move your feet when you’re punching.
- Use short punches that are quick. Longer punches can tire you faster.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always be ready to stop any incoming punches.
- Use your elbows. Elbows are an effective way to defend yourself.
- Learn how to use your legs. Your legs can save you from getting knocked over if you know how to use them properly.
- Always practice. Keep training even if it makes you tired. You need practice to be successful at any task.
- Have fun! Enjoy what you are doing.
- Keep your eyes open and take deep, slow breaths. You will be stronger and have more energy if you breathe correctly.
- Relax. Don’t worry so much about making mistakes. Just focus on learning new things.
- Be patient. Boxing is hard. You will need to practice your boxing skills over time.
- Never stop improving. As long as there is room for improvement, there will be room for improvement.
- Music is a great way to relax. Music can help you relax and concentrate during training.
- See videos of professional boxers. Watching them fight can inspire you to work harder.
- Read books. Reading can help you understand boxing techniques better.
- Take breaks. Sometimes it helps to take a break from boxing. Go outside to play soccer or basketball.
- Find a coach. Having a coach who knows boxing well can help you improve faster.
- Do push-ups. Push-ups are great for endurance and strength building.
How many punches can a human take?
A punch is “a blow delivered by a fist”. Only one punch can be sustained by a human. If someone punches your face in the face, it’s a punch. You cannot hit the person back. That would be two punches.
How can I improve my defense in fighting?
By learning to fight smart, you can improve the defense of your combative skills. It is important to know how to defend yourself against all types of attacks, as well as how to counterattack when necessary.
If you don’t know the art of fighting, you won’t have the ability to win any fights. You’ll just get beaten up. But, if you are able to fight, you will be prepared for any situation.
These are some tips that will help you improve your defense.
- Be aware of where your opponent is attacking. This means that you have to pay attention to your opponent’s body language. You should pay attention to his body language. If he seems nervous, that could be an indication of his next attack.
- Be calm. Don’t panic. Instead, remain calm and focused.
- Block with your arms. Blocking with your arms is an effective and simple way to defend against attacks.
- Counterattack. You should immediately counterattack your opponent if they are attacking you.
- Fight dirty. Fighting dirty is another method to defend yourself. For example, if your opponent throws a kick at you, then you can respond by kicking him back.
How long does it usually take to become an elite boxer?
Professional boxing takes hard work and dedication. You will need to train at least 10 hours per semaine if you want to be a professional boxer.
Do you have the ability to train yourself to box?
You can learn how to box. It is easy to find a gym that offers boxing classes in your area and then join one. You can find free classes at most gyms, or you can search for nearby boxing clubs via Google.
Also, you will need equipment such as gloves, mouthpiece, headgear, sparring partners, and headgear. Once you have all the equipment, you can start practicing your kicks and punches.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
How to learn to box to exercise
How to learn to box for exercise
Boxing is a sport that improves self confidence and physical fitness. Boxing is one of the most popular sports in the world. It requires strength, speed, agility, stamina, coordination, balance, power and accuracy.
Boxing is an excellent way to lose weight and feel great about yourself. It will be a fun activity that you will want to do again and again.
There are many different types of boxing training programs available. Some are held at health clubs or gyms, while others can be done at home. You can also take online courses that allow you access from anywhere in this world.
When choosing a program, make sure that it meets your goals and fits into your lifestyle. The best programs will include exercises that help build muscle mass and flexibility, improve cardiovascular endurance, enhance well-being, as well as increase overall wellbeing.
It’s important to decide whether you prefer a beginner-level course or one that is more advanced. Beginner’s programs usually teach basic techniques and drills such as shadowboxing, sparring, mitt work, and punching combinations. Advanced programs typically offer a wider variety of exercises and cover more complex movements.
The beginner’s program usually lasts around 8 weeks and costs less than $100. These programs don’t give any nutritional, weight loss, or injury prevention advice.
Advanced programs typically last six months and cost around $300. These programs often include nutrition advice, stretching routines and warm-up exercises. They also provide instruction on proper technique. Some programs include resistance training, such as lifting weights, and aerobic conditioning, such as running.