DEONTAY WILDER was reportedly arrested and jailed during a routine traffic stop in Los Angeles.
That’s after cops allegedly found a gun in the boxer’s vehicle.
Deontay Wilder was arrested by LA police after a ‘gun was found in his car’
The American heavyweight spent part of Tuesday morning behind bars
TMZ claims the incident occurred at 1.15am on Tuesday morning.
Wilder was pulled over by police in Hollywood while driving his Rolls-Royce.
The heavyweight ace’s car allegedly had “illegally tinted windows”, as well as an obstructed licence plate.
Police told TMZ they searched the vehicle after smelling “burnt marijuana.”
And they then discovered a 9mm pistol, as well as cannabis, inside Wilder’s Rolls-Royce.
The American fighter was taken into custody on a charge of “possession of a concealed weapon.”
Wilder is said to have been “cooperative and nice” during the arrest.
And he was later bonded out of jail at 6.34am – more than five hours after being stopped.
It now remains to be seen if Wilder’s arrest has any impact on reported negotiations for a fight against Anthony Joshua.
Wilder bounced back from two straight defeats to Tyson Fury with victory over Robert Helenius in October.
And he is now thought to be targeting a showdown in Saudi Arabia against British behemoth AJ.
Wilder boasts a brilliant 43-2-1 record, as well as a stunning 97.67 per cent knockout rate.
And another chance to reclaim the WBC title against Fury has not been ruled out yet either.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I practice boxing alone?
You can also watch professional boxing matches live on TV if you don’t have a partner and want to learn boxing. You might also be able to find an amateur club nearby. Amateur boxesing clubs usually hold regular training sessions. These sessions typically include sparring partners that hit pads together.
You can also train boxing with punching bags. Before hitting the bag, ensure that you are wearing gloves and protective gear.
What are the 7 punches of boxing?
The seven punches in boxing are jab, cross, hook, uppercut, straight right, left hook, and body shot. These punches attack the opponent’s head or body.
How can a beginner begin boxing at home
Boxing is one the oldest known sports. Boxing was originally developed during ancient times to train warriors to fight against enemies. Boxing is still a popular sport all over the globe. You don’t need to go to the gym to box. A pair of gloves, punching bags and a few sparring buddies are all you need.
Local amateur boxing clubs are also available where you can train with professional coaches. When you are proficient in basic punches and combinations you will be ready to compete at tournaments.
What are some of the benefits of boxing
Boxing offers many health benefits. For one, boxing can help build strong bones and muscles. It improves your coordination and reflexes. It strengthens your heart, lungs and other vital organs. The best part is that boxing doesn’t require any special equipment. You can use whatever you have around the house.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com: Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Shoe – Clothing, Shoes & Jewellery
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Gloves Elastic 180 Inch Red : Outdoors & Sports
How to setup a Boxing Gym at my House
A common question that people ask is how to set up a gym for boxing. Many people wonder how much money to spend on equipment, what space is necessary, how many staff they require, etc. The cost of starting a business can be affected by many factors. Some of these factors are location, type and number of employees, budget, competition, etc. However, most people neglect the importance of quality equipment. If you don’t have any equipment then you cannot get started. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- You need a place where you can train. Anyplace you can train is fine, whether it’s in your garage, basement, spare or living area. Only one thing is required: there must be enough room to install the equipment.
- A punching bag (or more) is essential. It is crucial because you will not be able practice punches if you don’t have a punching bag. This can be anything from a small plastic bag to heavy leather bags. Make sure that it is big enough to fit you comfortably. It should be strong and durable to ensure that you can use it for many years.
- You need a mat. When practicing kicks, mats are used to protect walls and floors. Matting is typically made from foam rubber. These products can be ordered online or offline.
- A bench is a must. The bench can be used to support the body during pushups. These can be bought online or in stores. Make sure you get the right size.
- You need a speedbag. Speedbags help you develop quick hand movements. They can be purchased online or in stores. You want to make sure you get a high-quality product that will last.
- Headgear is necessary. The headgear protects your head during sparring sessions. It can be bought online or in-store. Make sure you get something that fits and protects your face.
- You need gloves. Gloves are necessary to protect your hands when sparring. These gloves are available online and in offline shops. Choose a pair that suits your needs and style.
- You will need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. You can purchase these online or offline stores. Again, choose a pair that suits your style and needs.
- You will need a ring. Rings are used to simulate real fights. They can be purchased offline or online stores. Make sure that it has padding on both sides so that you aren’t injured during sparring sessions.
- You need a towel. Towels are used to wipe sweat off after each workout session. They can either be purchased at your local sporting good store or online. Be sure they are soft, absorbent, and comfortable.