DEREK CHISORA is returning to heavyweight action this weekend against old foe Kubrat Pulev.
The 38-year-old last fought back in December, losing by unanimous decision to Joseph Parker – which was his third loss in a row.
Chisora and Pulev will rematch on July 9 at the O2 Arena
Pulev beat Chisora on points the last time they fought in 2016
Pulev’s last relevant bout was against Anthony Joshua in December 2020 but it ended in a 9th-round stoppage loss for the Bulgarian.
Chisora fought Pulev in 2016 but came out narrowly on the losing on a split decision in Germany.
Del Boy has been in the ring for 15 fights since then, while Pulev has fought just seven times since.
And against Chisora, the former title challenger will have his hands full as the two fighters prepare to clash in London.
When is Chisora vs Pulev?
- Chisora’s big clash with Pulev will take place on Saturday, July 9 in the UK.
- The fight will be held at the O2 Arena in London.
- The last time the pair fought, Pulev won via split decision.
What channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- Chisora vs Pulev will be shown live on DAZN in the UK and in the US.
- You can live stream the action from the DAZN app, which is available for download onto your mobile or tablet device.
- A DAZN subscription costs £7.99 a month.
- The main card will get underway from 7pm, with the main event ring-walks to commence at around 10.30pm.
Chisora vs Pulev FULL CARD
- Derek Chisora vs Kubrat Pulev
- Israil Madrimov vs. Michel Soro
- Fabio Wardley vs. Kingsley Ibeh
- Caoimhin Agyarko vs. Lukasz Maciec
- Felix Cash vs. Vaughn Alexander
- Solomon Dacres vs. Kevin Espindola
- Ramla Ali vs. Agustina Marisa Belen Rojas
- Yousuf Ibrahim vs. Francisco Rodriguez
FABULOUS BINGO: Get a £20 bonus & 30 free spins when you spend £10 today
What has been said?
“I want to say to Derek: I have respect for him,” Pulev has said.
“He always takes difficult opponents like me and his last three fights, and he’s not scared to fight with anybody.
“I take this fight because I’m ready. My last fight against Jerry Forrest was a similar style to Derek Chisora, it was like one big sparring [session] for me.
“He didn’t hurt me, he couldn’t do a lot against me, and I just won easily.
“Derek is a difficult opponent. My fight against Joshua here in London, I was not prepared… no sparring, nothing. Before that I had Covid.
“I’m a very good boxer, technically I’m amazing, conditioning, also. I have everything.”
Chisora said: “This guy’s strategy with AJ didn’t really work out well, did it?”
“I sell a product, and that product is war. Come July 9, it’s gonna be Round 13 – where we left off.
“I’m gonna eat his leather, and I’m gonna deliver my leather.
“I’ll stop him. I guarantee I’ll stop him.”