VLADIMIR Putin’s shoestring army has been forced to call up a 49-year-old former boxing World Champion to fight in Ukraine.
Giant Nikolai Valuev, who stands at 7ft tall, is the tallest and heaviest world champion in boxing history.
Retired Russian boxer Nikolai Valuev has been called up to fight in Ukraine
The 7-foot giant is an MP for Putin’s United Russia party
He retired in 2009 after being defeated by Brit David Haye
After retiring in 2009, he went into politics and joined the Russian parliament or Duma in 2011 as a member of the Putin-backing United Russia party.
In 2010, Valuev’s doctor said he was treating the man mountain for “serious bone and joint problems”
He was forced to undergo two operations that required six months on the sidelines and confirmed in 2013 that medical advice was the main reason he wouldn’t return to the ring.
But that hasn’t stopped Putin’s army from calling him up for the frontline in Ukraine.
In an interview with Russian state media, he said he had been handed his summons when he was in the Donbas in eastern Ukraine.
Unlike his other parliamentary colleagues, he has been told to go to the military registration and enlistment office.
“In my opinion, everyone has received a summons, I also received a summons,” he told Russian language publication Izvestia. “Will I go? Of course, I will go to the enlistment office now.”
Speaking of his fellow MPs, he said: “My colleagues are good, they were registered for military service in the State Duma and received summons here, but I have to go home.
“I received the summons right before my trip to Donbas, and I was not at home.”
He added: “Next week I will definitely go and report to the enlistment office.”
Valuev competed in the heavyweight category during his 16-year career between 1993 and 2009.
He was World Boxing Association world champion between 2005 and 2007, and again in 2009, when he was defeated by Brit David Haye in the so-called “David Vs Goliath” fight.
It comes after ex-Everton and Russian footballer Diniyar Bilyaletdinov was called up to fight in Ukraine, his father revealed.
The 37-year-old midfielder, who made 59 appearances for the Toffees between 2009 and 2012, last served in the military almost two decades ago.
His dad Rinat confirmed that he had been signed up to fight in Putin’s disastrous war in Ukraine, despite being two years over the official cut-off age for new recruits of 35.
“Diniyar really received a summons,” he told Russian publication sports.ru.
“It is difficult to talk about emotions, because he did not serve, although he did military service, but it was specific, with a sports bias. It was 19 years ago.
“That is, yes, he took the oath, but served in the sports line. The law still says – to call people up to 35 years old, and he is 37, so there is some kind of inconsistency here.
“Now he will find out whether this agenda is correct or whether it was sent early. Anything can happen.”
The news follows revelations that staff from Russia’s national football team have refused to turn home from a friendly match in neighbouring Kyrgyzstan, as hundreds of thousands try to flee from Putin’s partial mobilisation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to train boxing with out fighting?
Boxing can only be learned if you are willing to fight. It is important to put in the effort to improve your boxing. But if you do, you’ll find that you can improve your boxing technique, speed, endurance, strength, and stamina.
A good fight will help you improve your boxing technique. Pay attention to how they move and throw punches. Also, observe how they defend themselves. Then, copy their tactics.
Next, you will need to spar against another fighter. This is where you’ll see whether you’ve improved your boxing technique. When you spar, you’ll also notice how fast you can punch, how strong your punches feel, and how well you block incoming punches.
Doing drills is another way to improve your boxing skills. Practice is key, so don’t be discouraged and keep practicing.
How can my punching form be improved?
Boxing is all about good punch form. For you to become a better boxer, your punch technique must be perfected. Here are some tips to improve your punching form.
- Keep your head high. While throwing punches, keep your head up.
- Punch from your shoulder. If you are going to throw a punch, aim for the shoulder and not your chin.
- Concentrate on your feet. Keep your feet still when you are punching.
- Throw short, quick punches. You will feel tired quicker if you throw longer punches.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always keep your distance from any punches coming in.
- Use your elbows. To defend yourself, your elbows are a good option.
- Learn to use your legs. Properly using your legs will help you avoid being knocked down.
- Every day, practice. Even if you feel tired, continue training. It takes practice and dedication to excel at any skill.
- Have fun Have fun doing what you do.
- Breathe. You will be stronger and have more energy if you breathe correctly.
- Relax. Don’t worry so much about making mistakes. Learn new things instead of worrying about making mistakes.
- Be patient. Boxing is not easy. You will need to practice your boxing skills over time.
- Never stop learning. As long as there is room for improvement, there will be room for improvement.
- Listen to music. Music can be a great way to relax and concentrate while training.
- You can watch videos of professional boxers. It can inspire you to do better.
- Read books. Reading is a great way to learn about boxing.
- You need to take breaks. Sometimes, it is helpful to take a break from boxing. Play soccer or basketball outdoors.
- Find a coach. Coaching can make you more efficient at boxing.
- Do push-ups. Push-ups are great for endurance and strength building.
What are some of the benefits of learning how to box
If you want to learn how to box, then you should consider the following reasons:
- It builds confidence. You will be able to confront bullies and other bullies by learning to box.
- It can improve your health. Boxing helps build muscle mass. Muscle mass can make you stronger.
- It teaches you self-defense skills. You learn how fight and how to protect yourself.
- It improves your mental toughness. When you face challenges, mental toughness is essential.
- It gives you a sense of accomplishment. Once you have mastered a technique, you will feel like a true boxer.
- It’s fun! Nothing is more fun than being punched in a stomach.
- It’s cheap. All you need to do is get a pair or boxing gloves.
- It doesn’t require much space
What are the 7 punches used in boxing?
The seven punches in boxing are jab, cross, hook, uppercut, straight right, left hook, and body shot. These punches are used for attacking the opponent’s body, head, and legs.
How can a beginner begin boxing at home
Boxing is one among the oldest sports known to mankind. Boxing was developed in ancient times to train warriors for fighting against foes. Today, boxing is still widely practiced around the world. You don’t need to go to the gym to box. A pair of gloves, punching bags and a few sparring buddies are all you need.
Amateur boxing clubs in your area can be joined and trained by professional coaches. Once you’ve mastered basic punches and combinations, you’ll be ready to compete in tournaments.
How much weight do I need to lift for a good workout?
Lifting weights is important if you wish to build your strength. There are some things you need to remember when lifting weights. Don’t do it too often. Aim to lift heavierweights every other days. Third, do each exercise 8 times. Fourth, between sets, take 2 minutes to rest. Fifth, perform all exercises without using momentum. Focus on form and not speed.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com : Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Boots : Clothing, Shoes & Jewel
- Amazon.com : Sanabul Boxing Handwraps Elastic 180 inch Red : Sports & Outdoors
How do I setup a Boxing Gym in My House
How to setup a boxing gym is a common question asked every day by people who want to start their own business. Many people wonder how much money to spend on equipment, what space is necessary, how many staff they require, etc. There are many factors that affect the cost of starting your own business. Some of these factors are location, type and number of employees, budget, competition, etc. However, most people neglect the importance of quality equipment. If you don’t have any equipment then you cannot get started. Here are some suggestions to help you start a gym for boxing at home.
- Training should be done in a safe environment. A garage, basement, spare room or even the living room would work just fine. It is only necessary that enough space exists to allow for equipment installation.
- A punching bag or two is necessary. This is vital because you won’t have the ability to practice punches without it. It can be anything from a cheap plastic bag to a heavy leather bag. It should be large enough to comfortably fit you. It should be strong and durable to ensure that you can use it for many years.
- You need a mat. Matting protects floors and walls from kicks. It is made mostly of foam rubber. These products can be ordered online or offline.
- You will need a bench. A bench is used for support while performing pushups. You can buy them online or in-store. However, make sure that you choose the right size for you.
- A speedbag is necessary. Speedbags can be used to improve hand movement speed. You can buy them from either online or offline shops. Make sure that you buy a quality product which will last long.
- A headgear will be necessary. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. You can buy it from either online shops or offline stores. You should ensure that the product you select fits your face well.
- You need gloves. Gloves protect your hands during sparring sessions. These gloves can be bought online or in stores. Find the right pair for you.
- You will need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces are used for protecting your teeth during sparring sessions. These are available online and in offline shops. You should choose the pair that best suits you and your needs.
- You will need a ring. Rings are used to simulate real fights. They can be purchased offline or online stores. It should have padding on both sides, so you don’t get hurt during sparring.
- You will need a towel. To wipe off sweat after any workout, you will need to use towels. They can be purchased in your local sporting goods stores or online. Make certain that they are soft and absorbent.