JAKE PAUL said YouTube boxing rival KSI will NEVER fight him as the two reignited a war of words online.
The pair of social media stars-turned fighters are primed for a colossal grudge match in 2023.
Jake Paul said YouTube boxing rival KSI will never fight him
KSI wants to fight Jake Paul in 2023
But Paul remains adamant his great nemesis will not actually fight him.
Posting a mocked up image of him knocking out KSI, he posted: “Enjoy this image because he will never fight me.”
KSI, 29, beat Paul’s brother Logan, 27, in their 2019 rematch having drawn in an exhibition bout the year before.
He then took three years off but made up for lost time in August by winning TWICE in one night.
KSI – real name Olajide Olayinka Williams Olatunji – beat rapper Swarmz, 25, and so-called professional boxer Luis Alcaraz Pineda, 23.
Meanwhile Paul, 25, is the more accomplished boxer of the two, currently at 6-0 having just beat UFC legend Anderson Silva, 47.
KSI has emerged as a leader in the new era of influencer boxing alongside Paul.
And it is a long-anticipated grudge match against his American rival which he says will ultimately bring a close to his career in the ring.
KSI – who returns on January 14 against Dillon Danis – admitted he will retire once he fights Paul.
He said on his YouTube channel: “I figured it out, you guys will not be happy until I fight Jake Paul.
“So that’s why I don’t see the eagerness for you to want me to fight Jake Paul so quickly.
“I said I’m going to fight him in 2023, the only reason I’ve come back into the boxing scene is to fight Jake Paul and beat him.
“So I don’t really understand why people are complaining about the people that I fight.
“Why don’t we just enjoy the journey? Enjoy the ride because ladies and gentlemen, once I fight Jake Paul, I’m done.
“I’m not boxing anymore, I would have solidified my legacy and then I’m hanging up the gloves forever. So why do we want to rush that?”
KSI and Jake Paul clashing in the ring in 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it usually take to become an elite boxer?
Professional boxing requires years of dedication and hard work. To become a professional fighter, you will need to devote at least 10 hours per weeks to training.
Is it possible to learn boxing?
Yes, you can train yourself to box. You just need to find a boxing gym near you and join a class. You will find most gyms offering free classes. However, if there isn’t one near you, you can always search Google for local boxes clubs.
Also, equipment like gloves and mouthpieces, headgear, as well as sparring partners will be required. Once you have everything you need, you can practice your kicks and punches.
How to throw the jab
Follow this step-by-step guide to throw a jab.
- Step forward with both feet.
- Raise your arm above your shoulder.
- Place your fist on the target.
- After hitting your target, raise your arm upwards.
- Continue with steps 1 through 4.
How can my punching form be improved?
Boxing’s most important aspect is punching form. For you to become a better boxer, your punch technique must be perfected. Here are some ways to improve your boxing technique.
- Keep your head up. Keep your head up when you’re throwing punches.
- Punch from the shoulder. Use your shoulder to strike the target when you punch.
- Concentrate on your feet. When you punch, don’t move your feet.
- Use short punches that are quick. To fatigue you more quickly, throw more punches.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always block any incoming punches.
- Use your elbows. You can defend yourself by using your elbows.
- Your legs are your best friend. You can avoid being knocked to the ground if you learn how to properly use your legs.
- Always practice. You will feel tired when you finish training. Keep going. You need practice to be successful at any task.
- Have fun Enjoy what’s going on.
- Keep your lungs open. Proper breathing will improve your strength and energy.
- Relax. Don’t be too concerned about making mistakes. Don’t worry about making mistakes. Instead, focus on learning new skills.
- Be patient. Boxing can be difficult. It takes time to perfect your skills.
- Never stop improving. There is always room for improvement.
- Listen to music. Listening to music during training can help you to relax and stay focused.
- Check out these videos featuring professional boxers. Watching them fight can inspire you to work harder.
- Read books. Reading books can help you better understand boxing techniques.
- It is important to take breaks. Sometimes you might need to stop boxing. Play basketball or soccer outside.
- Find a coach. You can improve your boxing skills by having a coach who is knowledgeable.
- Do push-ups. Push-ups can be a great way to increase strength and endurance.
How much weight should you lift while working out?
Lifting weights is important if you wish to build your strength. You should be aware of these guidelines when lifting weights. You should not overdo it. You should lift heavier weights at least once a week. Third, perform each exercise for 8 repetitions. Fourth, you should rest for two minutes between sets. Fifth, perform all exercises without using momentum. And finally, focus on form rather than speed.
How many punches can one human take?
A punch is “a blow delivered from the fist”. Only one punch can be sustained by a human. If someone punches you in the face you are being punched. You cannot hit the person back. This would be two punches.
How can beginners boxers train?
Although boxing is one the oldest sports, it has only recently been rediscovered as a popular sport. Boxing is an art that sees two fighters compete in a fight. They punch each other until one of them falls.
It is important to decide if you like boxing before you can start training to become a fighter. You can watch some boxing matches on YouTube to feel how it feels hitting someone. After you have decided if you are interested in boxing, you can choose the style of fighting that you like.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
How to learn to box for exercise
How to box for exercise
Learning boxing will help you improve your self-confidence and physical fitness. Boxing is a popular sport. It requires strength and speed as well agility, coordination, balance, power, and accuracy.
Boxing can be a great exercise and a way to improve your self-esteem. It will be a fun activity that you will want to do again and again.
There are many boxing training options. You can choose to train in a gym or at home. Others require that you go to a health club. You can also study online from any location in the world.
It is important to find a program that suits your needs and your lifestyle. The best programs include exercises designed to build muscle mass, increase flexibility, improve cardiovascular endurance, and enhance overall well-being.
It’s important to decide whether you prefer a beginner-level course or one that is more advanced. Beginner’s programs usually teach basic techniques and drills such as shadowboxing, sparring, mitt work, and punching combinations. Advanced programs cover more complex movements and offer more variety.
The beginner’s program usually lasts around 8 weeks and costs less than $100. However, they do not offer guidance on nutrition, weight reduction, injury prevention, or any other aspects of boxing training.
Advanced programs generally last around six months and cost approximately $300. They often include nutritional advice, stretching routines, warm-up exercises, and instruction on proper technique. Some programs include resistance training, such as lifting weights, and aerobic conditioning, such as running.