ANTHONY JOSHUA has been warned against fighting Joe Joyce – or else risk being knocked out.
Mike Tyson first boxing coach, Hall of Famer Teddy Atlas, was impressed by Joyce’s 11th-round KO over Joseph Parker.
Anthony Joshua has been warned against fighting Joe Joyce
Joe Joyce celebrates after knocking out Joseph Parker
And he predicted the 2016 Olympic silver medallist would be too strong for former sparring partner AJ.
Atlas said on his podcast: “If he fights Joyce, he is getting knocked out.
“This man Joyce, is too big, too strong and too tough for Joshua and too hungry right now at this point in his life for Joshua.
“He’s done great things, but he’s not hungry. Like the great Marvin Hagler would say, maybe he’s been sleeping in silk sheets too much now.
“It’s hard to sleep in silk sheets and still get up at 5am in the morning, and do rope work and then get in the ring with another man, who is trying to destroy you.”
Joshua, 32, is coming off two consecutive points losses to Oleksandr Usyk, most recently in August.
But he landed shock talks with Tyson Fury, 34, after Usyk ruled himself out of a unification bout with the Gypsy King.
Negotiations are still ongoing for a December 3 WBC title bout at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium.
FREE BETS AND SIGN UP DEALS – BEST NEW CUSTOMER OFFERS
Joyce, 37, meanwhile remains an alternative for either British star, although Atlas doubts AJ would accept the fight.
He said: “Joshua would never get in the ring with him. That’s not a knock on him, he’s a smart guy.
“Joshua knows his limitations now, so he ain’t getting in there with Joyce.”
Teddy Atlas backed Joe Joyce to KO Anthony Joshua
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between a left cross and a left hook?
A left hook can be thrown from the side, and a right cross from the front.
A left hand hook is one that is thrown with the opponent’s right side facing. The elbow is bent 90° and the wrist is turned 45° toward the opponent.
With the palm facing the opponent, a right cross is performed. The elbow should be straight. The opponent’s wrist is rotated 45 degrees to the side.
How many punches can one human take?
A punch is defined as “a blow delivered from a fist”. A punch can only be taken once per person. You are punching someone in the face if they hit you. You cannot hit the person back. This would be two punches.
What is the best way to learn boxing without fighting?
Boxing is not possible without fighting. To improve your boxing skills, you must work hard. If you put in the work, you will see improvements in your boxing technique, speed and endurance as well as strength and stamina.
Watching good boxers fight is the first step to improving your boxing technique. The first step towards improving your boxing technique is to watch some good fighters. Watch their moves, how they throw the punches, and how you defend yourself. Try to imitate their movements.
Next, you will need to spar against another fighter. This is where you will see if your boxing technique has improved. It’s important to observe how fast you can punch, the strength of your punches and how well you block any incoming punches while sparring.
Finally, practice your skills by performing drills. Practice makes perfect, so be patient and persistent.
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
How to set up a Boxing Gym in my House
People who are looking to start their own business often ask how to set up a boxing club. Many people are curious about how much equipment they should purchase, what type of space they need, and how many employees they will require. The cost of starting a business can be affected by many factors. Some of these factors are location, type and number of employees, budget, competition, etc. One thing most people overlook is the importance and value of good equipment. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. So if you really want to start a boxing gym in your home, here are some tips to help you out.
- Training should be done in a safe environment. Anyplace you can train is fine, whether it’s in your garage, basement, spare or living area. It is only necessary that enough space exists to allow for equipment installation.
- A punching bag (or more) is essential. This is very important because without a punching bag you won’t be able to practice punches. It could be anything you like, from a simple plastic bag to a sturdy leather bag. You should ensure that the bag is large enough to accommodate you comfortably. It should be strong and durable to ensure that you can use it for many years.
- You will need a pad. Matting protects floors and walls from kicks. It is usually made out of foam rubber. They can be purchased online as well as in offline shops.
- A bench is necessary. You can use a bench to support your body when you are doing pushups. They can be purchased online or offline stores. However, make sure that you choose the right size for you.
- Speedbags are essential. Speedbags help you develop quick hand movements. They can be purchased from online or offline stores. You want to make sure you get a high-quality product that will last.
- A headgear will be necessary. For sparring, you will need to use a headgear. It can be purchased from online stores or offline stores. You should ensure that the product you select fits your face well.
- You need gloves. Gloves are used to protect your hands during sparring sessions. These gloves can be bought online or in stores. Choose a pair that suits your needs and style.
- You need a mouthpiece. Mouthpieces protect your teeth when sparring takes place. These mouthpieces can be bought online or in stores. You should choose the pair that best suits you and your needs.
- A ring is necessary. Rings are used to simulate real fights. These rings can either be purchased in an offline store or online. To ensure you aren’t hurt during sparring sessions, make sure it has padding on both ends.
- A towel is essential. To wipe away sweat after each session, towels are necessary. You can find them at your local sporting goods shop or online. Make certain that they are soft and absorbent.