KSI headlines Misfits 007 against Joe Fournier tonight – but there’s four fights you can watch totally for FREE first.
And one of those is the BIGGEST fight in boxing history…when 404lbs Wings Of Redemption takes on 392lbs Boogie2988.
Wings and Boogie are fighting in the prelims
The pair tipped the scales just four pounds shy of 800LBS during a heated weigh in the day before the fight.
And the big fight will be the fourth and final fight on Happy Punch’s prelims which will take place before Misfits 007 begins at London’s Wembley Arena.
Corn vs Unbaer also takes place on the Happy Punch prelims as does Luis Nestor vs Callum King and Zuckles against a mystery opponent.
So how can you watch all of this before Misfits 007 gets underway?
How can I watch the Happy Punch prelims?
You can watch the Misfits 007 pre-show for FREE via the Misfits Boxing YouTube channel from 5.15pm UK/12.15pm ET.
Here are all the bouts that you can watch for FREE on the Misfits 007 pre-show:
- Wings of Redemption vs Boogie2988
- Corn vs Unbaer
- Luis Nestor vs Callum King
- Zuckles vs TBA
KSI vs Joe Fournier: UK start time, live stream, TV channel and all you need to know ahead of Misfits 007
What is the full Misfits 007 fight card?
The main card then begins on DAZN PPV from 7pm.
- Main Event: KSI vs Joe Fournier
- Deji vs Swarmz
- Salt Papi vs Anthony Taylor
- Tennessee Thresh vs Paigey Cakey
- Viruzz vs DK Money
- Lil Bellsy vs Lil Kymchii
- Happy Punch prelims: Wings of Redemption vs Boogie2988
- Happy Punch prelims: Corn vs Unbaer
- Happy Punch prelims: Luis Nestor vs Callum King
- Happy Punch prelims: Zuckles vs TBA
How can I watch the Misfits 007 main card?
- The Misfits 007 main card will be shown live on DAZN PPV in the UK for £19.99.
- You can subscribe to DAZN in the UK for £9.99-a-month, which commits you to an entire year of action.
- A flexible pass, worth £19.99-a-month, is also available, and you can cancel anytime.
- You can also pay £99.99 for the year upfront, and this is the lowest cost option.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can a beginner start boxing at home?
Boxing has been around since ancient times. Boxing was initially developed by ancient warriors to defeat enemies. Today, boxing is widely practiced all over the world. You don’t even need to go to a gym to box. You will need some gloves, punching bag, and some friends to spar.
Amateur boxing clubs can be found in your area where you can get trained by professionals. When you are proficient in basic punches and combinations you will be ready to compete at tournaments.
What are the advantages of learning to box
You should be aware of the following factors if you are interested in learning how to box:
- It builds confidence. Learn to box can give you courage to confront bullies or any other person who might bully you.
- It improves your health. Boxing builds muscle mass. Muscle mass can make you stronger.
- It teaches self-defense skills. You learn how fight and how to protect yourself.
- It increases your mental toughness. Mental toughness is important when you’re facing challenges.
- You feel accomplished. Once you have mastered a technique, you will feel like a true boxer.
- It’s fun! Nothing is more fun than being punched in a stomach.
- It’s cheap. All you need to do is get a pair or boxing gloves.
- It doesn’t take up much space
Where should I buy boxing equipment?
Many online stores sell boxing equipment. Amazon, eBay. Walmart. Target. and Sports Authority are just a few of the many places you can buy boxing equipment online. Ross and TJ Maxx offer great deals on boxing gear at a fraction of the cost.
Quality boxing gear is what you should be looking for. You can consider Warrior, Golden Glove or Premier Boxing Champions.
- This article received 39 testimonials and 89% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
Here are the Essential Skills of Boxing
How to box effectively
Boxing is a popular sport. It is made up of two competitors who aim to knock the head off each other. There are different rules for boxing, and they vary from one country to the next. In general, there are three types of boxing; Amateur, Professional and Olympic boxing.
Amateur boxing can be practiced at school or college. This type of boxing includes sparring sessions with padded gloves and without any protection. Amateur boxing matches usually consist of three rounds lasting five minutes each. There are many types of amateur boxing: Kickboxing, Muay Thai and Taekwondo.
Professional boxing is usually practiced in gyms, clubs or stadiums. They have protective equipment such as mouthpieces. Professional boxing competitions have six rounds that last four minutes each. There are several different styles of professional boxing including Boxing, MMA (Mixed Martial Arts), Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Taekwondo and others.
Olympic boxing is practiced at the Olympics. Boxers are required to wear international standards-compliant protective gear. The eight rounds last three minutes each and are held over eight rounds. Olympic boxing has only two styles, Light Flyweight vs Heavyweight.
Boxing’s fundamental skills are:
- Punching techniques
- Guarding techniques
- Move your body
- Spare parts
There are seven types. Each punch has its own technique. Some punches require more strength than others. For example, an uppercut requires great force. On the contrary, a straight punch takes less power but is faster than most punches.
There are many combinations that can be used to punch. These are combinations which combine several punches in order to achieve a specific goal. A combination can contain multiple parts. An example of this is a left hook, followed by a right crossing. This will damage the opponent’s jaw.
Boxers protect themselves by protecting their bodies. He does this using his legs and arms, elbows as well as hands, knees and feet.
A boxer must use his legs to defend against kicks. When he receives a kick, he raises his leg and moves away from the attacker. If the attacker is coming from the front, he will bend at the knees to avoid getting kicked on either side. However, if the attack comes from behind, he stands up straight and blocks the kick with his foot.
Elbow strikes are very powerful because they inflict great pain. An elbow strike can be delivered either directly or indirectly. Directly means that your opponent is hit with your forearm. However, indirectly means that your elbow strike is delivered with another part or your arm.
Boxers use both their hands and arms to prevent incoming blows. To do this, they raise their fists higher than their heads and move their arms in the direction that the attack is coming. They then make contact with their attacker’s fist.
To absorb the impact of a punch to the stomach, abdomen, or chest, boxers should bend their knees. Defense purposes are often served by knee strikes.
Boxers should respond to being attacked by their opponent by standing back and delivering counter-attacks. This will help him gain distance from his opponent. Additionally, boxers need to maintain their balance when they counter-attack.
A boxer must have a stance in order to be effective at boxing. How he defends his self will depend on how he stances. It is how he positions himself and where he faces the opponent. There are many positions that boxers can adopt. Here are the most commonly used ones:
- Low stance
- High stance
- Southpaw stance
- Western stance
A boxer must be able to move around his opponent in order to win a fight. This includes changing speed, position and rhythm.
Rotating his arm to increase the puncher’s reach is a key part of boxing. Different types of punches require different speeds for the rotation.
The timing of each punch determines the effectiveness of a combination. A combination that works well starts with strong punches and ends with weak ones is a winning combination.
Sparring is a training session that improves boxing skills. Boxers learn to train their mind and bodies during sparring sessions. In conclusion, the purpose of sparring is to learn how to fight and not get hurt.
You need to have patience and dedication in order to learn how boxing works. Boxing is a sport that requires dedication and perseverance.