TYSON FURY’S promoter has confirmed an offer has been made to fight Anthony Joshua.
It is the latest twist in a long-running saga involving the heavyweight pair.
Tyson Fury is keen to fight Anthony Joshua
AJ and Fury were previously in talks for a fight last December
The Gypsy King revealed he had sent AJ an offer for the overdue fight that fell through most recently when targeted for December last year.
Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn pushed back against the claim but Fury’s promoter George Warren has now confirmed an offer has been sent.
He released a statement for Queensberry Promotions saying: “Spoke with Tyson on Monday, obviously on the back of knowing that Usyk vs Wilder was going to be happening and we were preparing a bid.
“The question was put to us; what fights are out there, what are the biggest fights we can make?
“AJ’s name came up in that conversation of course it would, it’s a huge fight. And the instruction was clear – go and try and make that fight.
“The following morning we put an email over to Eddie [Hearn]. Made a formal offer, same terms as for December. So exactly the same terms as far as we’re concerned.
“We’re ready to go, Tyson wants it to happen, so do we and I hope they do too.”
The British pair could finally be set to clash with Fury eyeing a September bout against his long-term rival.
CASINO SPECIAL – BEST ONLINE CASINOS FOR 2023
But Hearn has the O2 booked for August 12 and is working on a December clash with Deontay Wilder in Saudi Arabia.
Meanwhile Fury has been in Australia and he was ringside for pal Jopseh Parker’s 89-second knock-out win over Faiga Opelu this week.
He has even hinted at fighting down under in the immediate future, with Aussie Jai Opetaia tipped as a potential opponent.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do boxers train for beginners?
Boxing is one among the oldest sports. However, boxing has become very popular in recent years. Boxing is a sport that involves two fighters fighting each other in a boxing ring. They punch each other until one of them falls.
Find out if you are interested in boxing before you start thinking about becoming a boxer. You can try watching some fights on YouTube and see how it feels to hit someone. Once you have decided that boxing is for you, you can decide what style of fight you prefer.
Where can I buy boxing gear?
There are many websites that sell boxing equipment. These include Amazon, eBay and Walmart. Ross and TJ Maxx are great places to find cheap boxing gear.
Quality boxing gear is what you should be looking for. You can consider Warrior, Golden Glove or Premier Boxing Champions.
How can I improve my punching technique?
Boxing is all about good punch form. To be a good boxer, you need to master the art of punching. Here are some tips for improving your punching ability.
- Keep your head straight. Keep your head up when you’re throwing punches.
- Punch from the shoulder. You should aim your punch at the shoulder rather than the chin.
- Pay attention to your feet. Avoid moving your feet while you punch.
- Send short, sharp punches. You will feel tired quicker if you throw longer punches.
- Don’t forget about defense! Always remember to block incoming punches.
- Use your elbows. The best way to defend your self is with your elbows.
- You can learn to use your legs. If you learn to use your legs properly, they can help you avoid getting knocked down.
- Every day, practice. Even though you may feel tired after training, keep going. You need practice to be successful at any task.
- Have fun Enjoy what you’re doing.
- Breathe. You will be stronger and have more energy if you breathe correctly.
- Relax. Don’t worry too much about making mistakes. Learn new things instead of worrying about making mistakes.
- Be patient. Boxing is not easy. You will need to practice your boxing skills over time.
- Never stop learning. As long as there’s room to improve, there’ll be more.
- Music is a great way to relax. You can relax and focus during training by listening to music.
- You can watch videos of professional boxers. Watching them fight can inspire you to work harder.
- Read books. Reading books can help you better understand boxing techniques.
- You need to take breaks. Sometimes, it is helpful to take a break from boxing. Play soccer or basketball outside.
- Find a coach. Boxing is a sport that requires a coach with a lot of experience. This will help you to improve quicker.
- Do push-ups. Push-ups are great to build strength and endurance.
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
How to box for training
How to Learn to Box for Exercise
Learning boxing will help you improve your self-confidence and physical fitness. Boxing has become a very popular sport. It requires speed, strength, agility, stamina and coordination.
Boxing can be a great exercise and a way to improve your self-esteem. You’ll love the activity and want to continue it.
There are many options for boxing training. Some programs are offered at local gyms and others at your home. There are also online courses which allow you to study from anywhere in the world.
It is important to find a program that suits your needs and your lifestyle. The best programs focus on exercises that increase muscle mass, flexibility and cardiovascular endurance. They also promote overall well being.
Also, consider whether you prefer an advanced or beginner course. Beginner’s courses usually cover basic techniques such as shadowboxing or sparring, mittwork and punching combinations. Advanced programs typically offer a wider variety of exercises and cover more complex movements.
The beginner’s program usually lasts around 8 weeks and costs less than $100. They don’t offer any advice on nutrition, weight loss or injury prevention.
Advanced programs generally last around six months and cost approximately $300. These programs often include nutrition advice, stretching routines and warm-up exercises. They also provide instruction on proper technique. In addition, some programs incorporate resistance training (such as lifting weights) and aerobic conditioning (such as running).