A VIDEO of Eddie Hearn criticising boxers failing drug tests and being allowed to fight has gone viral as the promoter attempts to rescue the bout between Conor Benn and Chris Eubank.
The two Brit boxers were set for a huge showdown at the O2 on Saturday.
Eddie Hearn appeared to take a different stance on boxers and failed drug tests when this issue cropped up previously
But the fight now hangs in the balance after Benn failed a drug test.
The 26-year-old tested positive for clomifene, which increases testosterone levels in men.
The British Boxing Board of Control has stepped in and ruled the scrap is “prohibited”, but Benn’s promoter Hearn is attempting to revive the fight.
A video is now going viral on social media showing Hearn slamming boxers who fail drugs but continue to try and fight.
Referring to Billy Joe Saunders failing a drug test previously, Hearn says in an interview: “What is the point in signing up for drug testing if, when you fail, everyone goes ‘well don’t worry about it, just let him fight.’
“You’ve signed drug testing with VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Association), the best testing agency, in my opinion, in the sport.”
Tweeters were unsympathetic to Hearn’s comments potentially coming back to bite him.
One said: “The man talks too much. This was always going to happen to him at some stage.
Another said: “Could make a Netflix show about Eddie contradicting himself, depending on if its his fighter or not.”
Since the news broke yesterday, the promoter has been frantically trying to revive the fight.
It appeared that at one stage Hearn was considering three foreign licenses to get the show officiated at the O2.
But earlier today the Matchroom boss tweeted: “Let’s see what today brings but to make one thing clear, I will not be promoting this fight with a foreign commission or alternative governing body on Saturday night.”
Frequently Asked Questions
How many punches can one human take?
A punch is defined by “a blow delivered using a fist”. The human body can only take one punch at a given time. If someone hits you in your face, it is punching. You cannot hit him/her back. It would be impossible to hit him/her back with two punches.
What is Boxing, exactly?
Boxing is an intense sport in which two people attempt to knock their opponent out by hitting them in both the head or face. Boxing is about hitting an opponent as hard possible, without inflicting any injuries. This can only happen if both boxers are able to throw heavy punches. They should also have excellent hand-eye coordination.
What are the 7 punches used in boxing?
Boxing uses seven punches: jab, hook, hook, uppercut and straight right. These punches are used to attack the opponent’s head, body, and legs.
How long does it take you to learn how to box?
Boxing can be considered one of the oldest and most well-known martial arts. Around 2200 BC, China hosted the first boxing match. Boxing has been practiced over thousands of year. Today, boxing is still popular among athletes and celebrities. Boxing takes 10 months to master.
Boxing involves many movements, which is why it can take so long to learn. Each movement requires specific muscles in order to be effective. This is why it takes time for these muscles to grow.
After you learn how to move your own body, you can practice any type of boxing. And over time, you’ll become more skilled at each technique.
What are the benefits of learning to box?
You should be aware of the following factors if you are interested in learning how to box:
- It builds confidence. Learning to box will give you the courage to face bullies or other people who might try to bully you.
- It can improve your health. Boxing can help build muscle mass. Muscle mass makes you stronger.
- It helps you to learn self-defense skills. Learning how to fight is the first step to protecting yourself.
- It helps you develop your mental toughness. Mental toughness is vital when facing difficult situations.
- You will feel proud of yourself. When you master a particular technique, it will make you feel like a true fighter.
- It’s fun! It’s fun!
- It’s cheap. All you need are a pair of punching bags and boxing gloves.
- It doesn’t take up too much space
- It is just like normal sparring with a partner, but you want to throw punches at 75% of your normal speed. (wikihow.com)
- You want to be running at roughly 75-80% of your top speed..5 mile slow, easy recovery jog at the end.X Research source 2Mix in long runs, shadow boxing, and short sprints on non-interval days. (wikihow.com)
- Amazon.com : Ringside Diablo Wrestling Boxing Boots : Clothing, Shoes & Jewel
- Amazon.com – Sanabul Boxing Wraps Elastic 180in Red — Sports & Outdoors
How do I setup a Boxing Gym in My House
Anyone who wants to open a business is often asked how to set-up a boxing studio. Many people want to know how much they should spend on equipment and what size space is required. How many employees are needed? There are many variables that influence the cost of starting a new business. Location, type of business and number of employees are all important factors. However, most people neglect the importance of quality equipment. You cannot begin if you don’t own the right equipment. Here are some helpful tips if you want to open a boxing studio in your own home.
- You will need somewhere to train. Anyplace you can train is fine, whether it’s in your garage, basement, spare or living area. Only one thing is required: there must be enough room to install the equipment.
- A punching bag is essential. This is essential because it will make it easier to practice punches. It can be anything from a cheap plastic bag to a heavy leather bag. It should be large enough to comfortably fit you. You will also want it to last for many years.
- You will need a pad. Matting is used to protect floors or walls while practicing kicks. It is often made of foam rubber. These products can be ordered online or offline.
- A bench is necessary. A bench is used to support your back while you do pushups. These can be bought online or in stores. You should ensure that you select the right size.
- Speedbags are essential. Speedbags allow you to make quick hand movements. You can purchase them online or in-store. Make sure that you buy a quality product which will last long.
- You will need a headgear. It protects your head when sparring. It can either be purchased online or in a physical store. Be sure to find the perfect fit and protect your face.
- Gloves are necessary. Gloves are needed to protect your hands during sparring sessions. They can be ordered online or at local shops. Select the pair that fits your style and needs.
- A mouthpiece is essential. Mouthpieces are used to protect your teeth during sparring sessions. These can be purchased online or in-store. Make sure you choose the pair that fits your style and meets your needs.
- You need a ring. Rings are used to simulate real fights. You can purchase them either online or offline. You should ensure that the padding is on both sides to prevent injuries during sparring sessions.
- You will need a towel. To wipe off sweat after any workout, you will need to use towels. They can be purchased at local sporting goods store or online stores. Make sure that they’re soft and absorbent.